The Aspire Zone also known as Doha Sports City, is a 250-hectare sporting complex located in Al Waab district of Doha, Qatar. It was established as an international sports destination in 2003 and in the following year an educational centre for the development of sporting champions (the ASPIRE Academy for Sports Excellence) was opened. The complex contains several sporting venues, mostly constructed in preparation for the 2006 Asian Games.
These sporting venues include:
Khalifa International Stadium, a 50,000-capacity stadium primarily used for soccer matches.
Hamad Aquatic Center, an Olympic-size swimming pool.
The Aspire Dome, which is the world's largest indoor multi-purpose sports hall and contains 13 different playing fields.
Aspire Zone is also home to Doha's tallest structure, the Aspire Tower (Torch Tower), and is adjacent to Villaggio Mall, one of the most popular mall in Qatar.
The complex is an important feature in the 2022 FIFA World Cup bid submitted by the Qatar Football Association, and was central to the Doha bid for the 2020 Summer Olympics put forward by the Qatar Olympic Committee.
The Aspire Zone is
- venue for international events
- indoor climate controlled facilities for year round sport
- centrally located pre-competition training venue
- junior development opportunities with ASPIRE Academy
- altitude training in ASPETAR’s 25 normobaric hypoxic rooms
- fitness programs and nutrition sessions offered by ASPIRE ACTIVE
Find Aspire Zone on google map
For information contact
t +974 4447 6786